You can gain many benefits from PRINCE2 Agile since it fully meets the needs of modern project management. Project management is becoming increasingly complex. Technology advances lead to changes in stakeholder priorities, customer expectations, and competitive needs, for example. A project manager’s ability to accommodate these complex requirements and keep projects within the scope of strict business justifications is essential to achieving high-quality results.
This is where the PRINCE2 Agile methodology excels. Among its many benefits are:
- Adaptability – The framework’s generic approach allows it to apply to virtually any industry, sector, or region. In other words, PRINCE2 Agile is not a straight-forward to-do list that anyone can use without thinking. Instead, it outlines crucial factors and points of focus that apply to any project. Practitioners can, however, modify the framework as needed.
- Easily incorporated – PRINCE2 has already become the most popular project management framework, and Agile isn’t exactly a new contender either! By upskilling your staff in PRINCE2 Agile, you can make the most of a more holistic project management approach without starting from scratch.
- Rapid benefits realisation – Agile can generate benefits at multiple stages of a project, not just at the end. This can be a great perk for projects involving rapid change management and competitive industries where benefits can’t wait to be realised at once.
- Control – Agile project managers are superb at getting things done at a delivery level, but this perspective can be limited. Moreover, project success at a strategic level requires an upper management tier. PRINCE2 excels at this.
- Collaboration and communication – These are common benefits of popular corporate standards and frameworks. Since practitioners will be familiar with the same terminology and methodology, collaboration and communication across project development teams will be far easier. This not only keeps projects on track, but can also lead to faster completion without compromising quality. As part of PRINCE2 Agile, these are achieved by clearly defining roles, responsibilities, and communication channels at the start of every project. Consequently, many businesses choose to upskill multiple employees at once.
What is PRINCE2 Agile?
PRINCE2 Agile offers PRINCE2-based management combined with the flexibility and responsiveness of Agile methodologies. AXELOS calls it “the world’s most complete agile project management solution.”
PRINCE2 Agile project management blends two styles. While PRINCE2 emphasises strategy and high-level decision making, Agile emphasises speed, agility, and benefits realisation. PRINCE2 Agile is based on the Agile practices and concepts of PRINCE2. It could even be described as an Agile version of PRINCE2.
While PRINCE2 and Agile are hight effective when used on their own, they combine to create a winning formula. The latter is more concerned with strategic-level project management as well as the business justification of complex projects. Agile practices produce benefits sooner and support continuous improvement due to their flexibility and incremental nature. One focuses on strategic projects and one on work delivery. A holistic approach incorporates both elements.
Why add PRINCE2 Agile to your CV
Even before PRINCE2 Agile became an official accredited methodology, many companies and organisations were using a hybrid of PRINCE2 and Agile to improve project outcomes by using the best parts of PRINCE2 and the best parts of Agile.
Demand for PRINCE2 Agile qualified PMs and project staff continues to grow as more organisations adopt PRINCE2 Agile. Having PRINCE2 Agile on your CV will open more doors to a greater depth of project management job opportunities plus give you the skills to work in a more agile environment.
Quick route to becoming a PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
Many project staff are already PRINCE2 qualified or have other PM qualifications. Unlike PRINCE2 where you must pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam prior to undertaking the practitioner exam, with PRINCE2 Agile there are several prerequisite qualifications which are accepted.
Therefore, if you are PRINCE2 qualified, you can study PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner without having to pass the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation exam first. Below is a list of prerequisite qualifications that are accepted:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
Looking for PRICE2 Agile qualifications? Manager Training is here to help?
Whether you are new to project management or would like to demonstrate the skills you have gained over the years, Manager Training has you covered.
We offer a wide range of qualifications and diplomas in project management, business analysis, business improvement and management. All our courses can be completed online and are offered with mentor support, tutor support and career services.
Plus, with 0% finance available, you can get started on your dream qualification straight away.
Contact us today and see which qualifications is right for your needs.